‘The art of Looking Good in business’ – give yourself the edge.
Your visual message says more about you than you’ll know.
You do not need say a thing, what you are wearing and the colours you have selected say more about you at that first glance than you realise. In that first glance, others have already decided if they will talk to you, listen to your video or not, because they would have decided in a split second if you are worth approaching or not. Its a bit harsh isn’t it….but now more than ever, you never get a second chance to make a first impression.
- You are a presenter you are aware that the colours you currently wear are not your best ones
- As a trainer/coach you understand that connecting to your audience is very important and that colour plays a very important part in this
- You have become to realise when attending business events the colours you wear need to make you stand out and connect to potential clients
- You deliver webinars and video coaching and you’ve identified that certain colours make you look drawn and tired so you need to know which colours you look good in in all lighting and identify the ones that do not so that you can avoid them
History of colour
Many years ago there was no choice in the colours to wear in business. Your options were black suit and a white shirt. This was your work ‘uniform’ for many a year and its interesting that as time has moved on, people stick to this traditional uniform despite there being much more choice available now.
Why is this? Because we feel safe, we fit in…. we dare not be different, we don’t want to be noticed and our Mums told us this is what you wear to work!!
Thing is, for many people occupations have changed, lots of people don’t feel right in black and white because it makes them feel stiff and uncomfortable plus they do not need to be formally attired as much.
Another biggie is how will you be remembered if you keep in the ranks of black and white. What do I mean, remember back to a recent time when you were describing to a colleague/friend/associate someone you’d both met….think back to the words you used, they would all have been on the visual impact of that person…..where the words you used complimentary or not?
I wonder what words people use when describing you?
In this fast paced world that we live in today, your visual message really matters. Wearing colour isn’t as frightening as you think it may be. You will not be made to stand out like a beacon, we can adapt colour to match your personality and we can tweak the colour combinations you wear for any given situation. Colour can make YOU look and feel good.
It is also worth being aware that colours have energy attached to them….too strong a colour and you will be bouncing off the walls, too little colour and you’ll be a wall flower.
Discovering colour gives you the knowledge on what works for you, what lifts your features, what causes them to fall, making you look tired and drawn. What colours help you to connect with people as they demonstrate that you are approachable. Which colours give you energy and which colours take it away. Being aware is everything.
In business today, image matters more than ever before. We live and work at such a fast rate, therefore it is essential that we are knowledgeable and conscious when we attend events, whether on a large or small scale. Your impact is bigger and greater than you can imagine.
We remember people by what they wore…..think back to a recent time you were trying to describe to colleague/associate/friend a person you had both recently met… the words you used were all about what they wore…….what words did you use then?….were they complimentary?? I wonder what words people use to describe you??
“I was shocked when I realised that how I presented myself in business really mattered. I thought wearing black suits and a crisp white shirt were the dress code. Now i know they are not, colour matters as well as what you wear. I gained so much knowledge from Sue, the best investment I have made for my business. I matter as I am part of my business brand” Liz.
Intentionally selecting colour combinations that work for you also help you to connect to your clients, colleagues, friends and potential customers by creating moods and tones which match where you are going and connecting with on any given day. For example if going to a challenging meeting you can choose to wear a colour combination that allows you to be authoritative in look but calm in your thinking. When speaking you can select colours that draw your audience in.
A colour analysis session will help you in several ways:
- You can identify which colours make you look good
- You can discover which colours do not so that you can avoid them
- You can see how different colours make you feel….the ones which lift your energy levels, the ones which deplete them, the ones which are too powerful and need toning down
- You can identify some great colour combinations
- You will understand the psychology behind colour and its hidden messages so that you can work with your best ones and avoid the not so good ones
Looking at these seasonal photos you can see how just by taking some colour examples, some colours draw you in to a nice place where others are just cold, stiff and you don’t want to be there. That is how colours work when you wrap them around you without conscious awareness.
Each season has a specific look and feel to it, we all have our favourite season and it is the same as the colours and clothes that we wrap ourselves in will determine how we look and feel throughout each day.
we take you out of starkness which can cause an invisible barrier to your audience/customers and open you to colours which connect you to your audience
seeing how nature gives us great examples of colour combinations and energies that affect how we respond and feel….you only have to remember a recent walk through nature and you can remember how you felt, refreshed, uplifting, calm and peaceful. The colours we wear do exactly the same for us and our audience.
Getting the knowledge opens you up to embracing colour knowing it will really help you. Looking more approachable opens up the door ways to more business opportunities too and that has to be a good thing.
How does the session work?
- Sue comes to you for your colour session. All that is needed is a place to lay out her drapes and mirror, oh and a chair for you to sit on.
- A series of drapes are placed around your neck line and face to determine which colours lift you and bring you to life and which ones leave you looking drained and tired.
- Sue will take photographs of you in the drapes in order to create the colour look book she provides which is a great aide memoir of your session. This is invaluable because it is easy to forget overtime which colours you particularly loved.
- You are given a swatch of 30 colours to assist you with future shopping trips.
- You will receive from Sue following your session a colour look PDF which will remind you of some great colour combinations shown to you. You can save this to your tablet or print it off and hang it in your wardrobe.
- You will also understand how your energy level is affected by the colours you wear, so Sue will demonstrate how to lift your energy levels using colour combinations. You will also receive some written information from Sue about the energetic impact of colour.
Sessions take about 90 minutes. Please note no make-up is done with these sessions.
You will be a match for this method of colour analysis if you:
- Have become aware that when you wear certain colours you feel low and flat in energy
- Realise that you are your brand in business and your image matters to you.
- You feel that you don’t do the ‘black & white’ dress code thing because it doesn’t feel right to you and you would like guidance over what does ‘it’ for you colour-wise.
- Want to know more about how colour & colour energy works for you, how to use it effectively yet simply everyday, whatever the occasion.
- Want to understand yourself better.
- Want to shop for clothes with a better understanding of what to look for in levels of colour.
- To love & embrace yourself more from a self care point of view.
- You are ready to discover how colour will change the way you dress going forward.
Appointments are available on a Monday to Friday and a limited number of Saturdays. Get in touch between 10am-5pm by telephone 01737 354654 or email.
Got questions, book an appointment please call 01737 354654 or send a message here
If you would like to book a session with a friend, no problem, 3 is the maximum number.
Gift vouchers are sent via recorded delivery Monday to Saturday. The gift voucher recipient has 6 months to book their session.
PRICE: £130.00 PER PERSON – geographical area – using the M25 Junction 8 Reigate as a starting point, up to a 60 mile radius.
Pay for your session/Buy a gift voucher below (please state if a gift voucher, these are sent via recorded delivery)
PRICE: £185.00 PER PERSON – geographical area – using the M25 Junction 8 Reigate as a starting point, up to 100 mile radius.
It really matters how well you are perceived when attending business events. The colours you select to wear can either make you look alive and approachable OR they can cause you to look unwell and drawn which in turn can cause people to not approach you. The old adage of you never get another chance to make a great first impression is so very true. It really matters in business what you wear….colours and style….getting the knowledge and getting it right is an essential part of your business branding. The best investment in myself I’ve ever made, the difference to how people react and interact with me has significantly changed for the better. Jenny.
“I haven’t worn colour for years and I bumped into Sue in a shop and I was amazed and very envious of how she just walked along pulling out colours. We chatted and she explained very briefly (because she was with family) about how knowing your colours really helps when clothes shopping. I took her card and we chatted on the phone. I just knew that I needed to have a colour session with Sue and its proved to be so insightful and amazing. Seeing how I react to colour in my face and how I feel with the colours has been very beneficial. Its taken years off of my face, quite literally, by wearing the right colours for me and its helped me to see also that wearing the wrong colours ages me and makes me feel down and depressed. Everyone should have their colours done for an amazing lift in looks and confidence”. Rita.
” A fascinating session, I could not believe what happened when I wear certain colours…..OMG….I’m so glad that I know what works and what to avoid”. Kathy.
“So interesting, I was amazed and delighted by the process which was clearly explained by Sue. I’m so pleased that I know which colours lift me and which ones drag me down…..visually and emotionally. A fantastic birthday gift from my hubby” Rachel
“I spent a couple of wonderful hours with Sue having my colours assessed, so much fun and laughter and a great insight into how colour works and affects me personally. A wonderful birthday pressie”. Nicole
“It is so lovely working with someone who is so passionate about colour and who just wants you to have such a lovely time being enriched with colour. I was amazed at how colour works for me, how it lifts me up and why others leave me flat and drained. i have a really good understanding of colour now, so glad I treated myself to this wonderful session with Sue” Rimca
“I found the session to be very beneficial and cathartic. I felt very healed afterwards with your demonstration of the drapes and your encouraging words” Amalia
“I loved how you showed me to consider other colour options with more depth of colour and also how to wear them in colour combinations. The colour look PDF you sent afterwards is a great reminder of an assortment of colour combinations that works for me. Thank you Sue, I found the session fun and informative…..better than a massage or beauty treatment. Denise.
“The best birthday present ever. I learnt so much about myself and discovered some great colours and combinations to wear” Kat
“I really enjoyed discovering the ‘real me’ and how I relate to colour and my style. Very informative and great fun too”. Kelly
“I had my colours done years before but had lost my way. This time round with Sue as my coach I felt that everything was explained in a better way, the colour wands are a brilliant tool for showing why the correct colour undertone is important when buying your garments. The time went by so quickly but I now have some great tips when I’m out buying clothes” Maws
“I enjoyed my colour session with Sue so much, all was clearly demonstrated, I understood each stage and feel I’ve gained a lot of information that I can really use” Babs
“Really loved my session with Sue; I could clearly see each stage as we went through. Sue explained the process so well and in words that I could understand. Love my swatch and in particular the colour palettes, ingenious idea which really helps with shopping and packing to go away” Paula
“My hubby treated me to a colour session with Sue which I really enjoyed because it not only confirmed that I had some colours right, but showed me other options too. I love the colour palettes, I used them when packing for a weekend away and they really work. Thank you Sue so much” Wendy
“I found out about Sue via an advert on Face Book. As soon as I saw the image showing as Sue calls it the ‘facial fall’ I knew I needed to see her. I was not disappointed, Sue explained everything so well, we had some great laughs at what the wrong undertone did to me and very importantly how to avoid it. I now feel that I glow whether I’m having just a t-shirt day or I’m out with friends all dressed up. The swatch really helps when I’m shopping as a great reminder and the colour palettes are fabulous”. Stephanie
“I’m so impressed with my session with Sue; I now understand how to create a capsule wardrobe thanks to the colour palettes (love them) and the swatch helps me to consider other colours in my spectrum, a great reminder. Understood all Sue said, explained in words that I got and great tools used too; love the colour wands, what a great idea. Thanks Sue” Cindy