The Seasonal Twist™ colour analysis system embraces the 4 seasons with the addition of some tones.
It fits right between the traditional 4 seasons method and the tonal method and is a perfect choice for ladies who need more choice than the traditional 4 seasons and less choice than the traditional tonal methods.
Come and meet Sue and see the Seasonal Twist™ system for yourself on Saturday 23rd November 10am-12.30pm,
Venue: The Holiday Inn Express, Epsom Downs (opposite the racecourse) https://www.ihg.com/holidayinnexpress/hotels/gb/en/surrey/lonep/hoteldetail
Q&A Session and a short presentation from Sue.
There is a £25.00 fee to attend which will be redeemed when you attend your training..
Reserve a place here: https://www.qcic.co.uk/?post_type=wpsc-product&p=8858&preview=true
Our totally unique products created and used by Sue Cocks make doing colour sessions easier because you can see the changes as they happen.
The seasonal Twist Colour System™ has been designed to fill a gap in the market. Traditionally there have been two ways of colour analysing clients, the seasonal way (spring, summer, autumn and winter) or the tonal way (light, bright, muted, soft, clear etc)
In this fast-paced world that we live in today people are very time limited and they have not got 2.5 hours to sit down while you drape them and do their make-up. Clients today do not want to know about make-up, that is what department stores are for, all they want to know is what colours they should be wearing and what colour combinations they should be wearing for personal and professional situations that they find themselves in.
Clients’ want to know what skin tone they have, which is either cool undertones (blue) with pink tinges or warm undertones (yellow) with peach tinges. Your skin tone does not change as you get older (it stays the same until the day you pop your clogs), it is that the level of colour that your client wears that needs to be turned down (think of a dimmer switch) over the years (about every 10-15 years). Many clients who have had their ‘colours done’ before will become increasingly aware that the colours that they are currently wearing, are in fact wearing them, but if they returned to where they had their colours previously done under the ‘traditional’ methods then they will still be bracketed into the same category. This is where the Seasonal Twist Colour System™ comes in to its own; it is designed to allow for the turning down of the level of colour that a person can wear.
The Seasonal Twist Colour System™ is broken down into easy to grasp segments as follows:
- The Temperature Drapes
- The Contrast Level Drapes
- The Seasonal Twist™ colour wands
- The material drapes
- The basic and neutral drapes
The Seasonal Twist™ colour system allows for greater ease in selecting skin tone and the level of colour whilst also enabling you to go at a gentle pace through the 3 steps process giving you a rechecking point along the way which is very beneficial to you.
You follow the same 3 step process for every colour session
Here’s the QCIC Foundational principles we will cover in-depth on the course
Foundational principle 1: How to start your colour consultations in an easy, stress free way using the undertone drapes. How they work, why they work and why they’re so important in the colour analysis process. Useful for any method of colour analysis.
Foundational principle 2: How to use the colour analysis wands to identify and confirm cool and warm skin tones/dominant skin tone and the level of colour/season that matches your clients’ skin tone.
Foundational principle 3: Using your drapes, using words that connect with your client and identifying great colours for your client without limiting them.
Foundational principle 4: Using your base colours to give your client a superb colour analysis consultation. The best gift you can give your client is to show them wonderful colour combinations that will work for them in any given social or professional situation. Bringing consultations to a close with a WOW.
Foundational principle 5: Identifying colour energies, what they are and why they are so very important in a colour consultation. Creating invaluable documents to send to clients following their session which adds so much value to what you have to offer.
What colour anaylsis isn’t – the original and very true experience Sue had
When I had my colours done many years ago, it was as though I’d entered a clinical trial in a very sterile atmosphere as the consultant wrapped me in a white cape, put my hair in a white shower cap and removed my make up and then sat me right by her front room window so that those walking by could see me!!!!!….can you image that!!! which didn’t exactly leave me in a relaxed state!!! Actually I wanted to bolt from the house but felt glued to the chair, the consultant then put on a white doctors coat (which really alarmed me, I was half expecting plastic gloves to be put on next) and she then proceeded to swish hundreds of drapes around my jawline at high speed!!! This was not the experience I thought I was going to have!!
When the consultant had finished draping (or so I thought) some some make-up was applied…..OMG……..lets just say…not my look at all!
And then unbelievably more drapes were swished under my jaw line. I’d lost the will by then and just went into some sort of trance (basically i switched off completely). I was identified into a season, given a swatch which identified which wow colours I needed to wear for ever and shoved out of the door as another customer was due.
I was in total shock, please don’t let anyone be around I prayed as I bolted for my car (luckily there wasn’t) and I drove home, stunned at the experience I’d just had.
What colour analysis is
- Its all about the client, what they FEEL good in, it isn’t about you.
- Its about discovering together what is right for them whilst allowing them to turn the volume up and down on the strength of colour if they so wish.
- Its about guiding them to understand that colour has energies and its matching them up together so that they feel alive and together.
- It is about taking our techniques and adapting them so that every client you see has an interesting and enriching experience.
- We give you the language templates…for example, we suggest the wording bright or soft of each season, this is so that you can grasp the techniques quickly and easily. They are words that clients understand easily too….it is up to you whether or not you use these words or use your own. Your clients will be mini versions of you, so the words and ways you work will be a match.
- It is about the client understanding what looks good on them and giving them some guidance on this, it isn’t about you wafting a load of drapes under the jawline thinking it will make you look good.
- It is about giving your client a few colour options and letting them discover the world of colour at the shops.
- It is about explaining that the swatch is a guidance tool NOT a these are the wow colours you must wear for the rest of your days. That blocks clients in, it is important to give them the freedom of choice under guidance.
- It is about defining your clients skin tone easily and advising them of this; it isn’t about looking at their eyes and hair and without so much as a courtesy drape or wand stating that you think XYZ!! The drapes and wands guide you not your guess work.
- It is about giving guidance on the level of colour along with the undertone of the colour that is a match for each client, it isn’t about saying you are a ‘bright’ or a ‘soft’ so you can wear both warm and cool colours. This is misconception and confuses clients who would go away muddled because we all know that we have either a warm or cool skin tone (yellow based or blue based) and due to genetics sometimes a mix so its about finding the dominant one.
How Sue got started in Colour Analysis
Sue learnt the traditional way by placing the drapes in front of you and comparing 4 sets of the same colour together and she very quickly found that it wasn’t as easy as she thought. She struggled to find a starting point and sometimes would be 4 colours in before she found it, which made her extremely tense. Clients couldn’t help either as they couldn’t see enough of a difference in their skin tones when doing the draping and you couldn’t say to them can you see one that pops out at you? That wouldn’t have made her look very professional. For a while Sue actually stopped doing colour because she thought she was useless at it. It was only after having conversations with many other colour consultants at a conference who had also stopped doing colour because they couldn’t get started and found the traditional process difficult that Sue realised that it was the traditional draping methods that were not working for today’s clients, not the consultants themselves.
And also because of one of Sue’s first lovely customers who, when she was struggling to remember certain words that she was ‘told’ she had to use, her customer said “Sue, all I want to know is what undertone I have and the level of colour that I need to wear. That’s it, just please give me that” WOW, Keeping it super simple.
Loved that……….Keep it super simple
So having figured this out, Sue set about creating an easier way of working doing colour which gives clear starting points, a re-checking point and breaking down the need to compare zillions of drapes in one session. What Sue has created are 3 proven steps to colour analysis success which incorporate the need to clearly help identify a clients skin tone with ease.
- Learn to use your drapes in a much better way, whichever method you use
- Discover how easy it is to determine warm/cool skin tones
- Discover how easy it is to determine the level of colour your client can wear
The Seasonal Twist™ method of colour analysis will appeal to you if:
- You want to follow a clear process for every client
- You like to demonstrate to your clients an organised way of draping
- You like to be professional and you also like to have fun
- You like some traditional roots but can embrace some modern touches that you will feel comfortable with
- You can work with the 4 seasons and add in the tones when you feel you need them giving you flexibility and freedom to choose
- Our unique colour analysis wands make it super easy to see skin tone and level of colour…see the changes as they happen
The Seasonal Twist™ Colour Analysis method embraces the 4 seasons with the addition of some tones.
Created by Sue Cocks who found that whilst 4 seasons can offer enough choice, for some clients they need just a little bit more and flow into a natural tone.
- A clear starting point
- A rechecking point
- A simple 3 step process that will give and fill you with confidence
Learn the Seasonal Twist system in 1-2-1 training in your own home
It is just so nice being trained in your own home because the focus is just on you.
- And you can so easily fit the training in and around you and your family needs.
- It’s more relaxing yet professionally delivered
- No having to get to a training venue as Sue comes to your home.
How training in your own home works:
- Length of training day is 10am to about 4.30pm
- Sue will need a naturally light room with a table to work from (and yes Sue has used kitchens for this)
- You will need 3 models to practise on.
- Weekends for training are an option too.
- You need to act swiftly if this training option is for you. There is limited availability to train with Sue this way. Dates go on a first come first served basis and no dates are held whilst you make up your mind.
- No little ones to be present during training hours. Sue has no problem with school age children coming home as long as they come in quietly, say a quick hello, raid the fridge, then go hangout in another room
- Sue doesn’t mind pets being present
- There is a 1 day training option (and only because you can already understand seeing colour) or a 2 day training for those new to colour analysis.
- The model sessions will be videoed for you so that you can see yourself in action, observe you draping and seeing the reactions of the drapes on your model and witness how they react on their personal colour journeys. You will be able to download these videos to your computer. Enhanced learning for you.
Geographical area covered
Sue loves driving and is happy to travel to you. So if you are in the mainland of the UK then you are in her area.
Group course dates for 2020 to be announced
Venue: Holiday Inn, Epsom Downs, Surrey (opposite the famous Epsom race course)
Your investment in learning how to use your drapes in colour analysis is:
**Fees are £600.00 ( 1 day training) and £1200.00 (2 day training) respectively. (Draping kit NOT included)
All fees are payable up front. A non refundable deposit of £250 is required to secure dates in the diary, the balance being paid no later than 30 days prior to your training starting.
** Extra reasonable fees apply for Sue to travel to the Isle of Wight, Jersey and Guernsey, Isle of Man.
**If you prefer to train in a venue, you need to source one and pay for it, on top of the training fees and find models.
What you need to do now
To book your training, you need to get in touch with Sue to discuss training dates or book using the on-line booking calendar. Or if you prefer call 01737 354654 or send a message here
On-line booking calendar for training in your own home
- Click the link below to view availability and to reserve a date and time slot. For a 2 day training just click the first day and Sue will automatically add the other one.
- You will receive an email confirming your reservation.
- Your reservation will be confirmed
- You will receive a PayPal invoice for you to complete payment using any credit/debit card. You can pay by Bacs if you prefer.
- Once payment is received, your booking will be confirmed.
Reserve your appointment below
You will need to order your draping kit following your training. The drape sets has now been upgraded to a larger size, from 28 x 48 to 48 x 56cms which is a much better size for draping clients.You can find out about our draping kit Colour Analysis Drape kit
“It was really important to me that not only was my training in person, which was a fantastic experience but that I could keep in touch with Sue too and receive the encouragement I needed to get going. I love the webinars, they are so helpful, fun and inspiring, you always pick up some great hints and tips from Sue” Sandra
“I really enjoyed my 2 days training with Sue, rich in content, easy to learn, lots of practice with models. I learnt so much more than the previous training course that I’d done (not with Sue) where the colour part, which I was really interested in, was skimmed over in half a day!! Marilyn.
I love your style of teaching Sue, so clear and concise. Catherine
So clear to understand and learn, simple language, 3 highly effective steps. Loving doing colour. Sandra. January 2015.
I have just had the pleasure of undergoing “Colour Analysis with a Seasonal Twist” training with Sue Cocks of QCIC. Just like colour, Sue was energetic in her passion for the topic, relaxed in her delivery of the training, balanced in her points of view, approachable and positive in her manner and it was a delight to meet her. Thanks to Sue, I am now well on my way to delivering the colour message to my clients, with my own individual style. Jane Chrumka. Colour Guru Extraordinaire Harmony Ridge Designs, Edinburgh.
So easy to learn and do, it is brilliant. Vicky
I was surprised and delighted at how easy it was to pick up. Elena
After much research into colour analysis & colour training I decided to train in the Seasonal Twist™ method. I found many of the other courses & training providers too prescriptive & inflexible. I felt they focused too much on colour & forgot the individual, body shape, style & proportions. The Seasonal Twist™ method is a modern, flexible way to assess colour. (Amanda M)
“Spent a fabulous couple of days with Sue, learnt such a lot. The Seasonal Twist Colour system is so easy to learn & understand” Amanda “I contacted Sue in 2010, after searching the internet for an updated and revised Colour System. Sue responded to my inquiry about training options with some humor. “Well you either have to come to England or bring me to Canada!” there was no home study option available at the time. I completed my Image Consultant training in Vancouver, Canada in the fall of 2009. I fell in love with the Colour Draping process and knew I wanted to specialize in Colour. Unfortunately the colour system I was trained in felt complicated and out dated. I was left feeling frustrated and blocked. Fortunately after being in Europe for eight months, I found myself in England for the month of June, 2011. With great pleasure I called Sue and informed her that indeed I had made it to England! I completed my Colour training with Sue before returning to Vancouver in July, 2011. I took to the Seasonal Twist Colour System™ with ease and confidence. The system makes total sense and is simple and concise. It’s a real joy to use this system with my clients. It was such a pleasure to meet Sue and experience her warm, relaxed approach to training. I now feel well supported and confident in my future as a Colour and Personal Style Coach. Thanks Sue for all that you do!” – Linda Funk Vancouver, Canada
Telephone +44 (0)1737 354654 or get in touch via email here
We are so confident that the information you’ll learn on the course will give you what you need to run your consultations/services. So, if by the end of the first day you feel we’re not delivering on what is promised on this website, you can choose to turn in your material, exit the course and ask for a refund. Refunds are issued to the original purchaser only.