Certificated Colour Analysis Courses in Surrey & Manchester – OR learn on-line here
An easy to learn method of doing colour analysis that will guarantee successful colour analysis sessions every time, whichever method you choose to offer.
- We focus on teaching you the techniques of colour analysis so after the course you are ready to start earning more or less straight away.
- We focus on creating a fabulous client experience whereby you show them colour harmony bringing together colour and energy in a balanced way.
- We focus on ensuring you ‘get it’…….how……by developing your ‘eye for colour’ really quickly with our tools and techniques that no other training academy has access to in the world.
- We don’t focus on overwhelming you with big words and traditional parts of colour analysis that you and more importantly your clients don’t need to know about.
- Following your 2 days training, you join the on-line learning hub for continued coaching, support, business/hobby building of your skills and shared experiences through our fortnightly webinars and interaction with other colour coaches.
How would you like to learn 3 proven steps to Colour Analysis success?
“Such a CLEARLY defined way of learning colour”
“I know exactly what I’m looking for, the drapes & colour wands show me the way”
Watch Sue talking about using some of the drapes.
We’ve developed the best ways of draping clients easily, no stressing, no worries and no mistakes. Just 3 simple steps to colour analysis success, guaranteed.
Here’s the QCIC Foundational principles we will cover in-depth on the course
Foundational principle 1: How to start your colour consultations in an easy, stress free way using the undertone drapes. How they work, why they work and why they’re so important in the colour analysis process.
Foundational principle 2: How to use the colour analysis wands to identify and confirm cool and warm skin tones/dominant skin tone and the level of colour/season that matches your clients’ skin tone.
Foundational principle 3: Using your drapes, using words that connect with your client and identifying great colours for your client without limiting them.
Foundational principle 4: Using your base colours to give your client a superb colour analysis consultation. The best gift you can give your client is to show them wonderful colour combinations that will work for them in any given social or professional situation. Bringing consultations to a close with a WOW.
Foundational principle 5: Identifying colour energies, what they are and why they are so very important in a colour consultation.
What colour anaylsis isn’t – the original and very true experience Sue had
When I had my colours done many years ago, it was as though I’d entered a clinical trial in a very sterile atmosphere as the consultant wrapped me in a white cape, put my hair in a white shower cap and removed my make up and then sat me right by her front room window so that those walking by could see me!!!!!….can you image that!!! which didn’t exactly leave me in a relaxed state!!! Actually I wanted to bolt from the house but felt glued to the chair, the consultant then put on a white doctors coat (which really alarmed me, I was half expecting plastic gloves to be put on next) and she then proceeded to swish hundreds of drapes around my jawline at high speed!!! This was not the experience I thought I was going to have!!
When the consultant had finished draping (or so I thought) some some make-up was applied…..OMG……..lets just say…not my look at all!
And then unbelievably more drapes were swished under my jaw line. I’d lost the will by then and just went into some sort of trance (basically i switched off completely). I was identified into a season, given a swatch which identified which wow colours I needed to wear for ever and shoved out of the door as another customer was due.
I was in total shock, please don’t let anyone be around I prayed as I bolted for my car (luckily there wasn’t) and I drove home, stunned at the experience I’d just had.
What colour analysis is
- Its all about the client, what they FEEL good in, it isn’t about you.
- Its about discovering together what is right for them whilst allowing them to turn the volume up and down on the strength of colour if they so wish.
- Its about guiding them to understand that colour has energies and its matching them up together so that they feel alive and together.
- It is about taking our techniques and adapting them so that every client you see has an interesting and enriching experience.
- We give you the language templates…for example, we suggest the wording bright or soft of each season, this is so that you can grasp the techniques quickly and easily. They are words that clients understand easily too….it is up to you whether or not you use these words or use your own. Your clients will be mini versions of you, so the words and ways you work will be a match.
- It is about the client understanding what looks good on them and giving them some guidance on this, it isn’t about you wafting a load of drapes under the jawline thinking it will make you look good.
- It is about giving your client a few colour options and letting them discover the world of colour at the shops.
- It is about explaining that the swatch is a guidance tool NOT a these are the wow colours you must wear for the rest of your days. That blocks clients in, it is important to give them the freedom of choice under guidance.
- It is about defining your clients skin tone easily and advising them of this; it isn’t about looking at their eyes and hair and without so much as a courtesy drape or wand stating that you think XYZ!! The drapes and wands guide you not your guess work.
- It is about giving guidance on the level of colour along with the undertone of the colour that is a match for each client, it isn’t about saying you are a ‘bright’ or a ‘soft’ so you can wear both warm and cool colours. This is misconception and confuses clients who would go away muddled because we all know that we have either a warm or cool skin tone (yellow based or blue based) and due to genetics sometimes a mix so its about finding the dominant one.
How Sue got started in Colour Analysis
- The old way of draping makes it difficult to see what the drapes are telling you.
- No wonder people struggle and think they can’t do colour
Sue learnt the traditional way by placing the drapes in front of you and comparing 4 sets of the same colour together and she very quickly found that it wasn’t as easy as she thought. She struggled to find a starting point and sometimes would be 4 colours in before she found it, which made her extremely tense. Clients couldn’t help either as they couldn’t see enough of a difference in their skin tones when doing the draping and you couldn’t say to them can you see one that pops out at you? That wouldn’t have made her look very professional. For a while Sue actually stopped doing colour because she thought she was useless at it. It was only after having conversations with many other colour consultants at a conference who had also stopped doing colour because they couldn’t get started and found the traditional process difficult that Sue realised that it was the traditional draping methods that were not working for today’s clients, not the consultants themselves.
And also because of one of Sue’s first lovely customers who, when she was struggling to remember certain words that she was ‘told’ she had to use, her customer said “Sue, all I want to know is what undertone I have and the level of colour that I need to wear. That’s it, just please give me that” WOW, Keeping it super simple.
Loved that……….Keep it super simple
So having figured this out, Sue set about creating an easier way of working doing colour which gives clear starting points, a re-checking point and breaking down the need to compare zillions of drapes in one session. What Sue has created are 3 proven steps to colour analysis success which incorporate the need to clearly help identify a clients skin tone with ease.
- Learn to use your drapes in a much better way, whichever method you use
- Discover how easy it is to determine warm/cool skin tones
- Discover how easy it is to determine the level of colour your client can wear
- Our unique colour analysis wands make it super easy to see skin tone and level of colour
“I’m loving my learning journey with Sue, the in-person training was just great but to be able to keep learning through the webinars in the on-line learning hub is amazing. Yesterdays webinar on red heads and freckles was phenomenal”. Sandra.
The programme is delivered in easy-to-learn bite-sized chunks:
- Experience and learn our unique starting process that puts YOU on the right path.
- You will understand the difference between the traditional methods of colour analysis and why the modern way is simplified, yet gives you and your client more knowledge. And you’ll decide which one feels right for you. Try using the drapes for all methods before you buy them. Have the experience using them on models and fellow trainees, its the perfect way to see what will work best for you.
- Embracing colour, colour energies and showing clients the amazing interaction in selecting colour combinations that work energetically for them.
- Practice, practice and more practice, really get the feel of each method on other trainees and models, see and feel the impact of colour first hand.
- How to interpret your clients’ visual messages, especially when they’re mixed!
- How our modern tools work with all skin types
- My secret selling & marketing methods and how to use them to boost your income potential
- All about my mistakes so that you can spot them and avoid them yourself
What you get after the course
You are invited to join the on-line learning hub where our growing your business coaching covers many a varied subject which includes:
- Using Polyvore & Canva to get your name out there
- Making videos for social media and your website
- Guidance on creating visuals for client handouts
- Guidance on creating visuals for your newsletters.
and many more subjects often with handouts too.
You’ll have so much to chat to your clients/potential clients about.
Webinars happen every other Tuesday morning and they are recorded live and they then placed in the vault for you to watch. Sue is live on these webinars.
Our way of working is giving YOU a clear starting point whichever method you choose to use, PLUS rechecking points………you don’t get that with any other training course at all.
This short video is made in natural day light, see for yourself how easily you can see the right and wrong undertone.
The Seasonal Twist Tonal Colour analysis system offers you:
- More levels of choice than the 4 seasons
- Less options than the traditional Tonal way and avoids the confusion of words associated with it which confuses the consultants and the clients even more so.
Because it is broken down into easy, manageable sections that are easy for the colour coach to explain and for the client to remember.
4 warm levels: Bright Spring/Soft Spring/Bright Autumn/Soft Autumn
4 Cool levels: Bright Winter/Soft Winter/Bright Summer/Soft Summer
The modern 4 Seasons colour analysis system
- For those who just want to work with just 4 levels of colour.
- 2 warm levels: spring and autumn
- 2 cool levels: winter and summer
The traditional 12 tones method
Is it right for you, is there too much choice and will it confuse you OR maybe it’ll be perfect for you because you want as many options as possible. You’ll see a modern way of making it work for you.
We have people learning with us who are using the traditional 4 seasons and tonal methods because our techniques are adaptable for any method of colour analysis. The best way is to try out the methods available and select which one feels right for you. There is no right or wrong choice here, just what connects to you will be a match for your clients too.
What is included in the 2 day course:
- Your training for 2 days
- Your guidance notes
- A course certificate
- Membership of the on-line learning course for continued growth and development
What is NOT included in your 2 day course
- Your draping kit
You can undertake this training in your choice of learning formats:
- Train in a group
- Train in your own home
- Study on-line in your own time
- If you already have some experience of colour, you may only need a 1 day training
Call +44 (0)1737 354654 to discuss your individual training and coaching needs.
2017 training dates: next group days are now open for bookings:
Monday 18th & Tuesday 19th September in Epsom, Surrey
Monday 2nd & Tuesday 3rd October in Manchester
1-2-1 training in your own home
Can’t wait for the next group course, or maybe you’d prefer to train in the comfort of your own home, the fee for 1-2-1 training is £2500.00 (draping kit is not included). Get in touch to arrange this. Please note, if a meeting room at a hotel is required, this is an additional expense.
Important: We’re sorry but we cannot hold a place for you whilst you think about things/chat to your significant other/arrange family/work matters. The only way to guarantee your place is to pay the deposit.
Venue for Epsom courses: The Holiday Inn Express, Epsom Downs, Surrey
By the world famous race course, our lovely modern venue awaits you. Easy access from the M25 J9
Check out the venue: http://www.hiexepsom.co.uk/
Venue for Manchester courses: Premier Inn Trafford Centre West
Manchester International airport is less than 10 miles away.
What happens after the training course
- After you’ve practised on your first model, we set up a coaching call to see how things went for you. What worked, what needing tweaking.
- After you’ve practised on 3 models we arrange another coaching call to see how you’ve progressed and identify the next steps for starting to charge for your sessions
- In the on-line learning academy there will be fortnightly group coaching with Q & A calls with Sue where you can ask questions, bring forward a thought, have something that you’ve developing that would benefit from group input.
- On-going monthly 1-2-1 coaching calls to touch base as your business grows and develops.
- There is also a safe Private Face Book group, where you can interact with others, get feedback and support each other.
- You receive on-going learning through the on-line hub where you learn the skills to create amazing collages that demonstrate your knowledge to your potential clients using visuals that you can use on social media and in your blogs which will help to generate interest in what you offer.
Your self investment is: £1895.00
Which includes your 2 day in person training PLUS lifetime membership of the on-line learning academy.
Reminder: Your draping kit is not included, you can purchase your drapes through us here.
Please note that the deposit payment of £500.00 is non-refundable but can be transferred to another course if required. The balance payment must be paid no later than 14 days prior to the course starting.
When you book there is a comments/message box on the PayPal link please put your selected course dates there. Thank you.
1: Pay deposit here
If you are a UK resident, you can pay by BACS.
2: Balance payment now
We invite you to call us to discuss your training options and to identify which way you learn best, so selecting a course becomes easy and clearer. Call 01737 354654 or if you prefer send a message here
“I really enjoyed my 2 days training with Sue, rich in content, easy to learn, lots of practice with models. I learnt so much more than the previous training course that I’d done (not with Sue) where the colour part, which I was really interested in, was skimmed over in half a day!! Marilyn.
I love your style of teaching Sue, so clear and concise. Catherine
So clear to understand and learn, simple language, 3 highly effective steps. Loving doing colour. Sandra. January 2015.
I have just had the pleasure of undergoing “Colour Analysis with a Seasonal Twist” training with Sue Cocks of QCIC. Just like colour, Sue was energetic in her passion for the topic, relaxed in her delivery of the training, balanced in her points of view, approachable and positive in her manner and it was a delight to meet her. Thanks to Sue, I am now well on my way to delivering the colour message to my clients, with my own individual style. Jane Chrumka. Colour Guru Extraordinaire Harmony Ridge Designs, Edinburgh.
So easy to learn and do, it is brilliant. Vicky
I was surprised and delighted at how easy it was to pick up. Elena
After much research into colour analysis & colour training I decided to train in the Seasonal Twist™ method. I found many of the other courses & training providers too prescriptive & inflexible. I felt they focused too much on colour & forgot the individual, body shape, style & proportions. The Seasonal Twist™ method is a modern, flexible way to assess colour. (Amanda M)
“Spent a fabulous couple of days with Sue, learnt such a lot. The Seasonal Twist Colour system is so easy to learn & understand” Amanda “I contacted Sue in 2010, after searching the internet for an updated and revised Colour System. Sue responded to my inquiry about training options with some humor. “Well you either have to come to England or bring me to Canada!” there was no home study option available at the time. I completed my Image Consultant training in Vancouver, Canada in the fall of 2009. I fell in love with the Colour Draping process and knew I wanted to specialize in Colour. Unfortunately the colour system I was trained in felt complicated and out dated. I was left feeling frustrated and blocked. Fortunately after being in Europe for eight months, I found myself in England for the month of June, 2011. With great pleasure I called Sue and informed her that indeed I had made it to England! I completed my Colour training with Sue before returning to Vancouver in July, 2011. I took to the Seasonal Twist Colour System™ with ease and confidence. The system makes total sense and is simple and concise. It’s a real joy to use this system with my clients. It was such a pleasure to meet Sue and experience her warm, relaxed approach to training. I now feel well supported and confident in my future as a Colour and Personal Style Coach. Thanks Sue for all that you do!” – Linda Funk Vancouver, Canada
Telephone +44 (0)1737 354654 or get in touch via email here
We are so confident that the information you’ll learn on the course will give you what you need to run your consultations/services. So, if by the end of the first day you feel we’re not delivering on what is promised on this website, you can choose to turn in your material, exit the course and ask for a refund. Refunds are issued to the original purchaser only.